Well, I guess the end of the year should lead to all sorts of musing and such, shouldn't it? Here's my thoughts in no particular order with no particular indicator of significance:

  1. Well, this one's significant: I married my lovely wife Jaclyn on June 27th of the year past. Suffice it to say that this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing with ramifications second only to when God's grace rocked my world about 5 years prior.
  2. I again got an opportunity to participate in a community of Jesus followers in a small group setting, which I sorely missed last year while at SSU.
  3. I didn't go back to SSU this fall -- I'm taking a brief hiatus. See #1
  4. My brother met and married his wife in the short span of four months!
  5. I got a job that allows me to read for a blissful hour and a half everyday!
  6. I started blogging. And there was much rejoicing.
  7. I renovated the entire living area of my grandma's former house to make it liveable, guided and goaded by my ever-so-talented wife.
  8. I became less enslaved to how people think of me.
  9. Song of the year: Fix You by Coldplay
  10. Movie of the year: The Constant Gardener
  11. Book of the year: The Chosen by Chaim Potok