Time is a funny thing.

There always seems to be too little of it. Except when there's too much of it. We're either frantic or bored, but rarely at peace in time.

Wasting time, killing time. Sounds like something a gangsta would do. Maybe my attitude should be more reverent towards something that God has created.

Time management. It makes it seem like time is a subordinate that bows to my desires. Maybe I should recognize that I am not in control of much of anything in this world.

Not enough time. This sounds lazy and hopeless. This sounds like excuses, mostly from my own lips. Maybe I should trust and obey more...

Spare time. This means that it belongs to me again, doesn't it? It doesn't, so I need to submit to God.

Free time. Is anything truly free? I don't think so: everything costs, it's just a question of whether or not it costs us anything. Maybe I need to look at anything that I think of as "free" as a gift from the hand of God and respond accordingly.

Maybe I need to think biblically about the time. I pulled Ephesians 5:15-17 from the ESV translation because it said things just right: Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

What's the time? The time is Today, if I read my Bible correctly. Read this here and then read it again. You can easily try a translation other than the Message if you fancy, but I liked the Message version because I'm far too familiar and not nearly intimate enough with the Word.

His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel. How does it cut through your doubts and defenses, laying you up to listen and obey? Firstly, it makes me realize that I need to listen! Today, I must listen to God. Recognizing that all time is a gift from God, I want to use it wisely in His service. I relinquish any silly notions that I have "free" time. I recognize that I need to enter His Rest right now, and it looks nothing like laziness. Probably more like reliance and trust...

End of time. For this post, but also for this world somewhere down the line. Whether I leave this world or it leaves time first, who knows? I do know that what began will surely end. I read the end of the story. Goodbye death. So long suffering. Good riddance evil. I'd say it was nice knowing you, but I'd be lying and I'm beginning to forget about that.

Hello God. It's great to be here with You. Thanks for coming into time so that I could survive You ending it. Now let's get on with forever, I know You'll make it... the best time that I couldn't imagine!